AMERICAN LEGION AUXILIARY
The largest women’s patriotic service organization in the world.
1. Print off and complete the American Legion Auxiliary Membership Application: English Application for Membership, Spanish Application for Membership
2. Obtain proof of your eligibility. Note: If the person who provides your eligibility is a member of
The American Legion, eligibility documentation is likely not necessary; however you do need to
provide his or her American Legion member ID number and Post information on your application.
If the person who provides your eligibility is deceased, acceptable eligibility documents include:
a. DD-214 Discharge Papers (not issued until after the Korean War)
b. Official Military Orders
c. Official Military Service Citations/Awards
d. Letters related to the veteran’s military service. Must be on official government letterhead
e. Certificate from the VA records center in St. Louis
f. Data from the back of older discharges
*DD-214 Discharge Papers can be requested online by visiting www.archives.gov
3. Do you know of an American Legion Auxiliary Unit in your community that you would like to join?
a. If yes, contact a member of that Unit so you can submit your membership application & eligibility
documentation, if required. Members of the Unit can inform you of their programs, mission activities, events,
and annual dues.
b. If no, contact the American Legion Auxiliary Department of Michigan contact information
4. Once your membership application has been accepted, submit your annual dues payment to your local
American Legion Auxiliary Unit.
5. Thank you for submitting your application for membership. We appreciate your desire to help veterans and their